An article by Ben Spencer, Daily Mail UK.
- Bulb lasts ten times longer than its energy-saving halogen counterpart
- The SlimStyle bulb has the same brightness as a traditional 60W bulb
- It doesn’t flicker and people no longer have to wait for the bulb to ‘warm up’
- It will be sold in the U.S. for less than $10 (£6) and could come to the UK
- Philips claims it will save up to $136.13 (£82) in energy costs for life of bulb
Fumbling around in the dark to replace a lightbulb could soon become a thing of the past – or at least a task you only have to carry out every quarter of a century or so.
A new flat lightbulb, the world’s first of its kind to go on sale, has been launched by Philips.
The company promises its SlimStyle LED bulb is more efficient, less likely to break than other bulbs and will last for 23 years.
The bulb has a round shape to the front but is flat when viewed from the side so it is less three-dimensional than we’re used to.
To read full article, click here.